Standard First Aid & CPR ($125 or $140 for HCP) – 16 hours
Comprehensive two-day course offering first and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid & CPR. Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR & AED.
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head & spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
- Wallet certification care (and optional wall certificate)
*** Recertification of this course is also available. One-day (8hr) course for $85. Must be current Red Cross certification.